This year’s edition of Concise Rural Taxation is now available. We cover:
- Income Tax including the latest capital allowances for buildings and structures
- Specific rural provisions like the Herd Basis, Farm Profit Averaging and farm stocktaking valuations
- Capital Gains Tax, the main reliefs like Rollover, Holdover and the complications for rural property arising from different rates for residential property and other assets. CGT and Income Tax on compulsory purchase compensation are also addressed in detail, with the benefit of specific examples.
- Inheritance Tax including the specific reliefs for Agricultural and Business Property. This includes the latest treatment of furnished holiday lettings in the light of the most recent tax tribunal cases.
- Value Added Tax with specific chapters on farming and the rural estate, and the problems which can arise from Partial Exemption in estate management.
- The emerging differences between England, Wales and Scotland are also comprehensively addressed with regard to the land purchase taxes and Income Tax rates.
- Corporation Tax rates, ATED (the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings), UBR (Uniform Business Rates) and POAT (Pre-Owned Asset Tax), plus the taxation of lease premiums, are all covered
- This year’s edition contains more links than ever to further sources of information.
- The administration of taxation is also addressed, including the transition to digital taxation.
CRT is now available on Amazon as a Kindle ebook or a conventional paperback. Details here.
Long used as a study aid for students of land management at Harper Adams University and the Royal Agricultural University, CRT is an invaluable aid for all rural professional advisers with a need for an up to date awareness of key tax issues, and in particular for candidates for the professional examinations of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers and the rural Assessment of Professional Competence of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.